5 Benefits to Offering Digital Rewards
If you’re looking for gift card promotion ideas to implement this holiday shopping season, digital rewards may be the perfect place to start. During the 2016 year, consumers were connected to their smartphones even more so than ever. Per The Statistics Portal, there were an estimated 2.1 billion smartphone users worldwide!
If brands don’t cater to smartphone users, they risk losing a big chunk of their clientele. Sure, every customer loves gift cards, freebies, and loyalty programs, but the brands that offer digital rewards will really stand out amongst the competition.
Types of Digital Rewards
Before we talk about the many benefits of digital rewards, let’s talk briefly about the types of digital rewards available, including gift card promotion ideas. For example, brands can offer eGifts to invite buyers to shop online. However, brands can also make eGifts redeemable in-store for the customers who don’t regularly partake in online shopping.
The holiday season is an excellent time of the year to offer eGifts, especially since more and more shoppers are staying inside this winter where it’s warm and cozy, and they’re trying to avoid long lines and crowded shopping areas.
Another digital reward could be in the form of a mobile or online rebate. While traditional rebates require customers to fill out forms and mail them in, a mobile or online rebate makes the redemption process even easier. Shoppers can quickly redeem their rebates with just a few quick taps and swipes on their smartphones.
As a third option, brands may choose to offer prepaid rewards virtually. This is a great option for attracting people to your website and getting them to make additional purchases.
Now that we’ve covered three exciting digital reward ideas, let’s talk about the benefits of digital rewards in more detail!
5 Benefits of Digital Rewards
At Mpell Promotions, we have a variety of gift card promotion ideas to offer you that your valued consumers will love. We offer nearly any brand or denomination of gift card, including leading brands such as American Express, Discover, and MasterCard. Plus, we also offer electronic gift card solutions, which fit into your digital rewards program perfectly!
So, why should you offer digital rewards versus traditional rewards? Here’s 5 reasons why!
- Digital rewards put your brand ahead of the competition.
- Digital rewards modernize your brand and help you to stand out above many of the other loyalty programs that don’t utilize digital rewards.
- Loyalty programs, especially those that offer digital rewards, help to increase repeat customers.
- Digital rewards help you to track and store consumer information, including purchasing information, customer activity, and more. Digital rewards are much easier to monitor and help to provide effective feedback.
- Loyalty programs establish your brand. When you include digital rewards, however, you’re giving your brand a unique edge that combines traditional loyalty programs that customers know and love, with modernized digital rewards that millennials prefer.
Tips for Starting Your Digital Rewards Program
Once you develop an idea for a digital rewards program, it’s time to put the idea to the test! To ensure a smooth launch of your loyalty program, be sure to consider the following tips:
- Keep your brand’s end goal in mind. Are you looking for increased sales? Bigger orders? Repeat customers?
- Keep your target audience in mind. Who will be allowed to participate in your rewards program? Everyone or only certain customers?
- Remember that your goals should include some sort of return on investment. If your loyalty program ends up costing you more to run than it’s worth, you may want to come up with a program that provides a better return on investment.
- Don’t try to be too different. In fact, great loyalty programs share features with programs that other brands offer because they are already trustworthy programs that customers love.
- Don’t forget to promote your loyalty program through email, social media, and mobile apps. An important key to consumer loyalty is engaging with your clients, and one of the greatest ways to do so is through social media, smartphones, and email.
Now that you know the various types of digital rewards available, the benefits to using them, and have an idea on how to get started, you can start reeling your customers in and getting them hooked for the long haul.
But to make the process even easier, Mpell Promotions can help. Contact us today!